Parent Respect in Sport
Respect in Sport Parent Program
It is our goal to provide a positive experience for players and promote respect for all involved, Moose Jaw Minor Hockey Parents will be participating in the Respect in Sport (RiS) Parent Program. We are pleased to facilitate the RiS to the membership, as we join a growing number of minor sports organizations across the country that have already done so.
This one hour on-line certification program is intended to assist parents in being the best sport parent they can be. The program focuses on children's safety,personal, psychological and physical development and the role parents'play. It also impresses the need to establish positive relationships with referees, coaches, players, opponents and other parents. The RiS Parent program is a one-time program, it does not expire.
Deadline to have RiS completed - MJMHA player registrations require completion of this on-line course by one parent or guardian for the player(s) under their care. The program only needs to be completed once per family. Once completed it will not need to be taken again.
User Instructions for Respect in Sport-Parent Program
The following brief instructions are provided to assist with accessing and advancing through Respect in Sport. Registering for Respect in Sport-Parent program: https://shaparent.respectgroupinc.com enter code: MJM-R2A4M8V
- Click on the link or button displayed to access the program. By default the system will load in English.
- Select (Register a New User)
- Create a username and password for yourself to enter in the appropriate fields. Respect Group Inc. recommends using an email as a username as this is generally unique to an individual and not easily forgotten. Complete all fields. Any fields identified with a red X is a mandatory field and must be completed. Other fields are considered optional but are requested by your organization.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page, and you will be asked to associate your children to your profile. This is very important and is required for proper recognition of program completion. Once you have added your child or children, click (No Children to Add)
- A new page will open to enter the Pre-Registration Code. If the code has been accepted the X will turn to a green check. It is case sensitive so must be entered exactly. |Moose Jaw Minor Hockey Pre-Registration Code: MJM-R2A4M8V. The code is case-sensitive and needs to be entered exactly.
- NOTE: The code must beentered at this time and cannot be added once registration is complete.
- You will then be directed into the program. Click on your language button of choice to access the program content.
Re-accessing Respect in Sport
Click on the link or button displayed to access the program. By default the system will load in English. Click the word (Frantais÷ to translate the page if necessary.
- Enter the username and password you entered while registering for the program.The completed lessons will be indicated with a checkmark; you can then continue to the next uncompleted lesson.
- You can re-access any completed lessons and handouts.